Five Things I’ve Learned From Feminism
I could list many more than five no doubt, but here
1) The problems of power are built in to the
instability of pronouns.
2) Too much emphasis is placed on the politics of
speaking and not enough on the politics of listening.
3) It’s easier to feel that you believe in common
ground than it is to actually find that ground.
4) There’s a connection between verbal and physical
5) It’s not enough to reverse the terms; instead,
you’ve got to show that the opposites have always been
part of each other.